What is a Doula?
Doulas are unique birth workers who are present during and after birth to support mama and baby, as well as mama’s partner. The word doula is derived from a Greek word meaning women who serves. The doula is a non-judgmental advocate and supporter who is trained to help give mamas the best birth experience possible.
Be Love Ed. believes that birth is one of the most magical, yet natural processes to take place on this earth. Ayanna provides services for natural births, medicated births, cesarean births, home births, hospital births (essentially all births :))– Be Love Ed. is here for you!
- Use comfort measures: breathing, relaxation, movement, positioning, affirmations
- Provide ongoing emotional support
- Give research based information and provide resources
- Continuously reassure and comfort the mama (the key word is continuously- the doula is ever-present with the mother during the birth)
- Inform mama and her partner about various birth choices
- Hold space for mama
- Advocate for the mama and help facilitate communication between the mother and care provider
- Attend hospital births (vaginal and cesarean births), birth center and home births
- Look after your partner as well and helps equips them to best support
** Birth Clients also receive: a free initial consultation, 3 prenatal visits, unlimited email support, 24 hour on-call availability starting at 37 weeks, if desired, 1 postpartum visit.**
Birth Doula Servies: $700 (special considerations for families with low-income and for birthing women under the age of 20). Contact me for more information!
- Referrals to local resources such as parenting classes, pediatricians, lactation consultants, and support groups
- Sibling care
- Baby soothing techniques
- Healthy vegetarian and vegan meal preparation
- Assistance with newborn care such as diapering, bathing, feeding, annd baby-wearing
- Running small errands
- Light housekeeping (laundry, washing dishes, tidying the room, etc.)
- Help with the emotional and physical recovery after birth
Postpartum Services: $35/hr per 2 hour block
Be Love Ed. is currently serving the Atlanta, GA and surrounding cities. For more information contact Ayanna directly at email@example.com or at 678-631-8211.
“Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers– strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength. “ | Dr.Barbara Katz Rothman