What is a Doula?
Doulas are unique birth workers who are present before, during, and after birth to support mama and baby, as well as mama’s partner. The word doula is derived from a Greek word meaning women who serves. And that is my exact my role! I am here to serve you and your family and I am so humbled and grateful to do so.
Be Love Ed. believes that birth is one of the most magical, yet natural processes to take place on this earth. I provide services for natural births, medicated births, cesarean births, home births, hospital births (essentially all births :))– Be Love Ed. is here for you!
Before the birth of your child/ren, we can do all sorts of fun, exciting, and practical things to prepare for your labor.
- I can support you in devising a birth plan that you can use during labor to help you voice your desires to your doctor/midwives/nurses, as well as serve as a point of reference so that all parties are on the same page.
- Practice comfort measures (breathing, relaxation, positioning, affirmations, etc.) that will be used once you are in active labor to help you through the waves of contractions.
- Discuss things that you w ill want in the birthing room to create a comfortable environment for you as you as you labor.
- I am available via email, text, or phone call to answer questions or to just simply talk about whatever you need to talk about to get you ready for labor.
- Give research based information and resources, as ell as provide referrals if desired.
- If desired, we can set up nursery and baby areas together.
- As a certified prenatal fitness instructor, I can coach you through specific exercises that will strengthen your pelvic floor, abdominal, as well as tone and strengthen your upper and lower body.
- I will give massages (because who doesn’t need a good massage?
During Labor, I come once active labor has started and you are ready for me to join you. I am then contiuosly present to support you.
- I can suggest positioning and comfort measures to support you through the waves of contractions.
- I will provide ongoing emotional support.
- I can assist your partner or any person in the birth room in supporting you with your needs and desires.
- I will hold space for you, allowing you to process what you need to, feel what you need to, and say what you need ot as you labor.
- Assist in creating the environment you desire as you labor which may include lighting, aromatherapy, music, etc.
- I can advocate for the you and help facilitate communication between you and your care provider, as well as support you and your partner in advocating for yourself.
- I am present after birth for about two hours or whenever the family is ready for alone time. During htis time I can work with nurses to help establish breastfeeding, if desired.
** Birth Clients also receive: a free initial consultation and 1 postpartum visit.**
Birth Doula Servies: $450-$700 (special pricing considerations for families with low-income, birthing women under the age of 20, and military families). Contact me for more information!
- Referrals to local resources such as parenting classes, pediatricians, lactation consultants, and support groups
- Sibling care
- Baby soothing techniques
- Healthy vegetarian and vegan meal preparation
- Lead you through excercises that help facilitate your body’s healing process.
- Assistance with newborn care such as diapering, bathing, feeding, annd baby-wearing
- Running small errands
- Light housekeeping (laundry, washing dishes, tidying the room, etc.)
- Help with the emotional and physical recovery after birth
Postpartum Services: $35/hr per 2 hour block
Be Love Ed. is currently serving the Atlanta, GA and surrounding cities. For more information contact Ayanna directly at email@example.com or at 678-631-8211.
“Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers– strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength. “ | Dr.Barbara Katz Rothman